My 15 yr old wont do his school work or get up for school most of the time.

Any ideas? Pls Help!

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 7:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Addition - He works it all the time, I am at my wits ends, don't know what to do I want him to succeed.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 7:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what is he doing instead of his work? take it away! ... if i had to clear my dd bedroom out of everything minus her bed thats what id do ....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh man, you totally have my sympathy here. My 15 year old has two "F"'s in school and just says he doesn't care, he'll just do summer school to make up the work. I worry that he won't pass high school and then where will I be? I could take everything away from him and I don't think he'd care. Try to work on one problem at a time. First, try and get him to go to school. If he can do that then work on the homework. My friend called the cops on her daughter who wouldn't go to school because her favorite pants were dirty. The cops went and picked up the kid in whatever she had on and took her to school. Maybe it's an option for you? You could try it if you are desperate. Good luck and post again if you need it! There are parents like me (with a 15 year old boy) out there just like you!
    lizrider

Answer by lizrider at 8:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Thanks Lizrider its nice to know that there are others out there just like me. I am so worried, because I want him to succeed. I am going to take away his computer to start and see what happens. He doesn't seem to want to do anything that he is asked these days. His room is a mess most of the time and we have to ask time and time again to get his chores done (which is not alot). He has gotten so lazy that he does not even take care of himself that well. I hope its a faze.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 8:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My son has stopped going to his YM drills and says mom you act like its my life its only a program. His grades flauxuate from B to D F. I took it all except the cable ill try that next too. I put him on a homework log like elemntry but he refuses to do it. He's trying to prove he doesn't care either. He hasn't gone out to the park on the weekends for the last 3. He says mom I go after school when you're at work. errrrr!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 9:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If your school has a truancy officer- I think they all do- see how to get him to pick him up for school. I am all for setting up rewards for doing good and emphasizing that more than the punishment, or taking everything and earning it back one thing at a time. My son is 16 and also nothing really phases him or more likely he is so stuck in this battle of the wills that it is more about the fight than the results!

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Where does he work? If his work is interfering with his school BYE BYE JOB!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LOL...my son just told me in the car that the reason he wanted to run an errand in the car was to listen to the radio...He misses his IPod. He might break soon and start obeying....:)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Maybe if he is told about all the legal consequences of truancy, he would buckle down? His school will, after so many days of truancy, make him go to juvenile court for truancy. And guess what? You will have to go up too, and not only can he be sentenced to time in jail, but you could be fined and also sentenced to jail time! I've learned about it because my 15 y.o. DD has been not attending school until just this past week. Here in Ohio, I can go to the juvenile court to file an Unruly Minor charge against her, and the court would intervene with punishment threats to get her back in line.
    bethmoore71

Answer by bethmoore71 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i would call the cops on his ass. hes the child your the parent, hes job is to go to school and work on getting out your home and out of your pocket if he can't do that then he need to find some place else to go!!! scare him with jail or something has his dad spoke with him?
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 8:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009