What does this mean?

ok, I called gieco back about my app. she gave me a short interview asked about attendence and tardys at my last job I told her 10 tardys and she didn't seem to like that. Then she said she had to review her notes. She came back right away and said she was going to send the information to the hiring manager and thanks for my time. The hiring manager sounded like I got it the thanks for your time sounded like I didn't what's your take?

yourmarkgirl

Asked by yourmarkgirl at 7:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hard to say. Maybe the hiring manager needs to see everyones info whether they are hired or not. Not to worry you but I agree with you that thanks for your time doesnt sound too great...Good luck!!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• too hard to say. could go either way. good luck!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 7:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's hard to say. I often tell people "thanks for your time" at the end of a phone conversation that is business or bill related, so it could just be sometihng she says to everyone out of politeness. All I can really say is good luck, hope you get it!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I work in Hr and usually the short phone interviews are to get a better understanding of the applicant...and if the main question they asked was about attendance then sorry to say attendance may be a big issue for them and with 10tardy's from your previuos employer that may have put a red flag on your app...BUT since she forwarded it to the hiring manager,
    I woud think the hiring manager may not have had time and will be reviewing your applicaton later...Once the hiring manager reviews your app they will call back to schedule a regular inerview...if you don;t get a call back within 1 week I would call back just to check the status..after that you will find out if you are a desirable candidate for them. they will either set you up for the interview or they will tell you something to the effect of all applications are reviewed and the most qualified candidate will be called back for interview..etc
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 7:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Maybe your honesty about it will work in your favor. Did you give any explanation why, or what you are doing to minimize it in the future?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 10 tardys, in how many years? I mean 10 tardys in 5 years is hardly anything. Plus, what do you consider tardy. I consider it when you are late and don't call. If you call and give them plenty of notice that you are going to be late, I don't consider that tardy.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I told them that I didn't have my own car so the transportation was an issue but is resolved now that I have my own car. 10 in 1 year.
    yourmarkgirl

Answer by yourmarkgirl at 9:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it sounds like a maybe, but i think you should keep your options open.
    myrosegarden

Answer by myrosegarden at 12:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009