7 months old waking up in the middle of the night

Hello...i have 7 months old twins....they used to sleep throug the night but 3 days ago, the boy started to wake up around 2 or 3 a.m....and stayed awake for 45 min or 1 hour....yesterday night i left him crying for more than an hour and nothing, so i picked him up and when he was with me (in my bed) he slept easily...i know that it is not the correct way but i was really tired and need to sleep....please give me some advices how can i do for making him fall sleep again in his crib? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its probably just a phase but try not to let him/them sleep in bed with you. it will turn into a bad habit that may take you even longer to break. can you sit in a rocking chair with him instead, maybe, til he goes back to sleep?
    Anonymous

• my 8 month old no longer sttn and he is up many times. I put him in bed with me when he wakes up and NEVER just let him cry
    Anonymous

• my son is 11 months old and sometimes still wakes up once a night, he slept all night last night but lets see about tonight????
    connor08

Answer by connor08 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It is probably a phase. It will pass. In the meantime, be patient. Did he just learn a new skill? Or is he teething? When my son first discovered how to sit up, pull himself to a standing position, or crawl, he would wake up more frequently thoughout the night. He didn't really sleep through the night until this week, and he's 9 months old. Just remember, this won't last forever! But I wouldn't create the habit of bringing him into bed. He will learn that if he wakes up, he gets to snuggle and sleep with mommy in bed. I know it's tiring, but I would just pick him up, comfort him, and then set him back down in the crib. Or rock him back to sleep. Offer the binky if he takes them, or a favorite transition item. (My son's favorite transistion item is his silky blanket.)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2009