Who is mad at Wal;-Mart and why or why not?

They were rude to me two days ago, and I am not over it and I want to rant, so how do you all feel about them? The lady was rude over the phone and when I called the DM to complain no one returned my call. So when we bought my dtr's clothes, we happil;y gave our patronage to Target.

KARRIEMARIE

Asked by KARRIEMARIE at 7:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• They drove our local fabric store out of business, and then a week later stopped carrying fabric. I now have to drive 45 minutes to get to a decent fabric store.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• They are rude. Most of the customers are rude. The bathrooms are HORRIBLE. However, they are cheaper and when I do the bulk of my shopping and grocery shopping I go there. If I just need a few things I go to Target.
    Anonymous

• no offense to anyone directly, but have you seen the majority of people that work at walmart??? They are probably rude to begin with because they arent happy with themselves.
    Anonymous

• anon 7:32...my mother works at walmart and shes the nicest person i know! she is ALWAYS nice to people, even the rude ones.

--just trying to say that NOT EVERYONE is rude, and theres rude people who arent happy at EVERY job
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Call 1800Walmart if there is a problem...

and anon 632... that is one of the most ignorant overgeneralizations I have ever heard in my life. My mom works there and has for 10 years and she is fantastic and sweet. And 90% of her coworkers are the same (from both stores she has been at)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I hope you all never have to work retail. Have you ever dealt with the crap customers give?!
    I only go to Target if I know exactly what I want because you can't find help and most of the time the employees are too busy talking about who and what they are going to do that night. Most of the time the conversation is R rated.
    Anonymous

• I hate the politics of the place. I heard a story about a woman who worked at Walmart for a few years. She got into some sort of non-work related accident that left her perm. disabled. She got a settlement from her insurance, and due to the fine print in her work contract...... Walmart took ALL of it from her. Something Like 200,000 dollars. I mean how can they justify that? I'll try to find the link to the story and post it.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 8:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• http://casadelogo.typepad.com/factesque/2008/03/wal-mart-scams.html

yeah...... pretty shady. Apparently, they got so much bad publicity from it they backed off, but still.....
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 8:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm pretty unimpressed with Walmart but in my area they are the only place in town that has all the stuff I need for my house and they are cheaper, though on some things I'll willingly pay more, like fresh fruit and veggies at a fresh market than their nasty stale crap. I also used to work for them and thought the majoirty of the company sucked, but then the whole of retail does, Walmart just sucks less than most. And they have got to be kicking themselves for getting rid of layaway right before the economy went to pot, I know that's made a lot of low-income people in our area go to Kmart because they still have it.
    However, a lot of people who can't get jobs elsewhere can get work with Walmart and can transfer to higher positions easier than in other retail businesses.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I dislike that almost everything in the store is made in China - it's all just cheap stuff that you have to replace anyway - and the groceries are more expensive than the other stores around me
    Anonymous