How old when they tried a drink?

I'm curious to see how old some of your kiddos were when they first took a sip of alcohol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• i was 16
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh and my parents didnt know :>
    aliciatron

• I was 3 my mom let me try a wine cooler sip. My daughter stole a beer off my dads table at 1. We didn't let here though.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 10...had a small glass of champagne at cousin's wedding
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• wow i was probably around 10 or 11-i had much older friends though
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I give my son sips from what i'm drinking for him to taste. He is 2. I try and tell him that "this is a grown up drink and you won't like it" but he doesn't believe me. So he has had a taste of momma's "sour grapes" (what I tell him my wine is) and now if I say thats whats in my glass, he wont want to drink it. LOL And I did feel kind of bad cause one time he thought I just had coke in my glass but it had liquor in it too and after him bugging me, I let him try. He made the most horrible face and said "ow! hot!" But, he never wants my grown up drinks anymore. But, my grandpa tried this with his beer and my son actually liked it! LOL so now poor grandpa has to fend off his drink requests...

My mom did this technique with me and i will do it when my younger son starts asking to drink my grown up drinks too.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• wow ozarkgirl in surprised you didnt say that anon, people get their panties in a bunch over everything! i think 'ow hot' is hella funny!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 1 month old. My husbands drunk aunt was talking to him when he was in his carseat on the floor of the living room at christmas time. She then proceded to let him "taste" the beer by dipping his paci in the beer. Needless to say I freaked and we don't talk to her anymore.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was 1. There is a photo of my dad feeding me red wine. Haha.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• The paci thing isn't that bad really Lots of people rub a little jack on gums for teething. Ozark I don't see a prob with letting the kids try your drink I think it's fine
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009