Anyone try slim fast? Did it work for you? Was it filling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have no idea if it works or not... I know that my sister tried it and all it did was make her poop all the time. She got irritated of having to go to the potty so much, and stopped taking it.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 7:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If you are going to do it, mix some soy milk with it, that reduces the gassiness and pottying... It will make you go to the bathroom, though, that is what it's designed to do.. I usually drink only one during the day.. I substitute bran cereal for a meal..
    Anonymous

• Unless you can stand to drink slim fast the rest of your life why try it? Same with diet pills..they only work as long as you take them and even then your body naturally as a "set point" where it will stop you from losing more weight unless you starve yourself which I don't recommend either. If you want to lose weight start eating healthier and if you want something to make you feel full drink water and lots of it. There aren't any "quick ways" to lose weight. Slim fast works as a meal replacement..and when you aren't getting that "meal" that you usually had in the past, your metabolism slows and you won't burn any fat you'll retain it. Try eating smaller meals during the day and when i say meals I mean snacks like fresh veggies and fruits to kick start your metabolism. Good luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i tried it a few years ago & have to say---- it wouldnt work to well for be because it taste too good. I always wanted more... also it wasnt very filling.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i have been on slim fast for about 3months and have lost 23 pounds yes it works and yes its filling.. I love it...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I drink it because I like it. If you follow the plan you will lose weight. But I never have. I drink it because it's an easy way to get all that "stuff" and because it tastes great! I also like Ensure... Give it a shot, what do you really have to loose? If you go to the website you can get some coupons for big bucks off!
    $$Tip~ Buy the mix, not the cans... it's cheaper!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• thank you, where do you buy the mix, i only see the cans?
    Anonymous