37 weeks with a question...

I am 37 weeks pregnant and two weeks ago I went for my weekly checkup and they checked me and said I was dialated to a one. Last week they didnt check me and I was just wondering if anyone had any stories of how long they stayed at a one or is it more normal to have your first baby early or not. They midwife told me she wouldnt let me go past my due date which is April 5. She said she would induce me if he doesnt come before then.

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could stay a one for weeks you may even end up being late
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• unfortunetly you could stay there for a long time...............hopefully it comes quick for you, of all the time its the last month that is the longest Goodluck
    ambnwyattmom

Answer by ambnwyattmom at 7:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You could totally stay at one for weeks. Hopefully you won't and you will avoid induction. Good Luck.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• you aren't over due until 42 weeks. Sounds like you have a medwife, not a midwife.

You could stay at a 1 for a long time.. or you could go into labor in a couple of days. IT is different for all women. First time moms go 2 weeks early, or late lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• im sure there is a reason her midwife said she would induce and not let her go over celtic dont judge.
    sorry to tell you but everyone is right you could be a one for weeks. with my first i was at one by 35wks and didnt deliver my son till 40wks 3days. be patient the time will come when hes ready to be here. good luck and congrats
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• you probably wont stay there if you are sexally active alot during your pregnancy...........im 37 wks too and my due date is April 4 a day before yours..........
    BDMJMOM09

Answer by BDMJMOM09 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sure there is mommy2B. She just neglected to include that in her post. Many OB's and midwives induce, for no reason, if people go before the due date. If that isn't the case, yay, but I fear it is.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It all depends. With my first, at 36 I wasn't dilated at all and I had DS at 38 weeks.
    With my DD, she was engaged at 36 weeks, I was 2cm by 38 weeks, 3cm by 40 weeks and I had my water broken a few days after my due date.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i was 1 cm at 36 weeks and i am 3cm now at 37 weeks i am due april 6th a day after you. so i think it depends on your situation. all i know is i am ready to have my baby but he doesnt seem to want to come yet! Goood luck
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i went into preterm labor with my daughter when they checked me i was at 2 cm them put me on procardia to stop labor and i went into labor at 39 and 1/2 weeks.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009