tanning????

has anyone ever got a spray tan while been pregnant??
well im going to arizona with my mom bc my sisters having a baby.
and i am like sooo white and i dont want to go there and get burnt.
so im 19 weeks i wonder if itll be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how does a spray tan stop you from burning?
    but ya i thinkit is fine ask your dr
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Just don't breathe it in.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• bc then you have a tan already.
    i know my mom doesnt burn but she goes to the tanner everyday lol
    Anonymous

• people with real tans burn and a spray tan is not a real tan its basicallyy liek painting your body i dont think it would help much with the whole not burning part
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with mrs. owen! Its not a ''real'' tan, It is just like paint. I definately would not get into a tanning bed, but thats just my opinion. I would think it would be ok to have a spray tan but would ask your doc first if you are worried about it.
    Anonymous

• I know if you are already tan it helps you not burn, but I don't know if a spray tan would help since your skin is not actually tan, just basically painted. I don't know if a tanning bad is safe, I would ask your midwife or doctor.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Spray tan contains, dihydroxyacetone (DHA). It is a carbohydrate, and derived from natural products and is approved by the FDA (as if that mattered anymore, lol)

If you are doing it to not get burned, you still will. The only thing that it does is stain the outer layer of skin (dead skin). All I can say is, is it worth to have a spray tan that lasts 72 hours, only to find out five years from now that DHA causes birth defects and cancer? Think about how horrible you would feel if something did happen, and you would always have to wonder, "Did that spray tan cause this?"
    Dont do that to yourself. Good luck with your decision.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am 20 weeks and I am getting a spray tan before I leave for vacation too. I can tell you that you will still burn because your skin is not actually tan. I am only getting it so I don't reflect sunlight into other ppl eyes haha. I can tell you that it is safe. I worked at a tanning salon at lots of pregnant women would get spray tans. It only dyes the top layer of skin and there are only very very small amounts of this dye that would get absorbed into your body and possibly go to the baby. Not enough to do any damage. My doctor said it was fine as well just try not to inhale while youre in there!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i can,t tell you any thing about the spray tan i have never had it at all. i thank you need to go talk to you dr. about it because i thank the dr. is the best person to ask that kind of ? . good luck with it .
    redsun

Answer by redsun at 9:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Just use sunscreen I used to work in a tanning salon I dont recommend it! Im from arizona 2 and its not as bad as you think!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 2:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009