Questions Moms! Where is the safest place to put your infant when they are in the car? Side or Middle?

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Everything I've read says the middle. That way if you are hit from either side, there is less risk of them getting hurt.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I've always thought the middle was safest. Or that's what I was told years ago and never heard any different. The seatbelts are more stable, I think and there are those hooks by the back window to secure the carseat.
    Anonymous

• I say middle but ask your local fire dept. They normally check carseats and can tell you how to properly install and where to put them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i actually went to a police department when my son was a baby and they told me that a child is the safest in the middle
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Without a doubt the safest place for an infant is in the middle of the BACK seat. Quite honestly I wish that they made vehicles so that there was at least a foot and a half or two feet of steel on all sides of the vehicle. Quite honestly that middle of the back seat is the safest place in the entire car for everybody in the vehicle, but we can't all be in that spot at the same time.
    shock77777

Answer by shock77777 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I always kept the infant in the middle of the back seat.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• middle is what most vehicles recommend you should check your owners manual to be safe but the usual best place is the middle and in some cars is the only place a rear facing car seat will fit (take my saturn fro instance)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Generally, it is the middle of the back seat. Of course, the safest place for a car seat is where you get the best install. If you get a better install on the side, then it's safer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Our son has always been in the middle, he'll have to go to the side when we have another baby. That scares me.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The middle is the safest place.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009