• In the Spotlight:

Do you think if I wrap my 2 year old's pillow with one of my shirts that smells like me it would encourage him to sleep in his own bed? I got this advice from a co-worker.

I'm having trouble getting my 2 year old son to sleep in his own room.

balancingmother

Asked by balancingmother at 7:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like it would work,would'nt hurt to try. Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Well, I know it works with smaller children but I'm not sure if a 2 year old would fall for it. Maybe let him pick out a new special lovey or blanket?
    amc9184

Answer by amc9184 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• sounds like a great idea! i would have never thought of that!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 8:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I did it with my 11 month old when I had to get her in her own bed and I think it really worked. I'd go in to check on her and she'd be snuggled up to the pillow and fast asleep. Just make sure it's short-sleeved, my husband was afraid she would get long sleeves wrapped around her neck.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I used to give my daughter my shirt when she had a hard time falling to sleep when she was that age up to about 4-ish. It worked for her.

Try it. If it doesn't work for your son, you'll know very quickly.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Thats what i do with my dd when she stays at my moms
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know. This is generally recommended for LITTLE babies... like, newborns.
    It may be worth a shot, though. It's not like it'd be that hard to try!
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 17 months and we took my husbands pillow case and put it on her pillow. Oh, how I love the sleep I have gotten so far. I say go for it!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 12:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• that's the only way my friend can get her son to sleep in his own bed. lol. before she puts him to bed, she changes into pjs and gives him the shirt she's been wearing for the day.
    Some kids have a favorite toy they like to sleep with or a night light, or need something soothing like music.. you'll find something that will work, it just may take some time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009