What do contractions feel like?

I am due any time and wondering what do contractions feel like. My mom had her kids fast and my grandma had my mom on the hospital elevator! Just dont want to mistake contractions for something else. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• trust me youll know mine feel like a burning tight pain at the top of my uterus that goes down across my stomach and then my lower back starts just killing me .. when you are having them trust me you will know
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I agree with Mrs.Owens8 You will definatly know when you have contractions. Although everyone labor is different, but if your concerned and you think you might be going into labor then call your doctor immediately. Better to call and be fine then not call and be in labor
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 7:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Everyone is different. For me, early labor just felt like cramps. I really wasn't even sure I was having contractions unless I felt stomach getting hard. Then when things got a little further along, it just got more intense.....it's hard to describe. it's like this pressure"down there" and in your back. You may not really feel the contractions in the beginning(or you may) but you will def know when it's time.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• They feel like really bad menstral cramps.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Mine felt like cramps & then they got stronger & STRONGER!!! lol ,I hope its goes well for you sounds like you wont be in labor long.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009