breast feed another mothers baby?????????????????????

so my son is 5 months old and he is breast feed. he refuses so take a bottle and i cant pump. becuase of this, i have not been able to leave him with any one else for any length of time. i have him 24/7 and i really need a few hours to get away and breath. i have a close freind who is currently breast feeding her baby as well. is it weird for her to feed my son so that i can get away to re-group once and a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. It's not weird. My sister breastfed her friend's baby when her friend had surgery. People on here are going to criticize you, but you'll be a better mommy if you get a few hours to yourself to decompress and re-group. If your friend is willing to do it, go for it.
    Anonymous

• Nope this was the practice for thousands, probably millions of years before formula was ever invented....
    Anonymous

• I think it's a great offer if you are both okay with it. I would make sure he will latch on though... he might know it's not his mommy!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am think that if he goes to another breast and when it comes for you to do it again he might reject your breast and want hers.

But really I wou;d not do it.

I know you need to regroup because that's how I feel but I got my son to take a bottle it took awhile but now he is both.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i would do it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't think her baby would ever reject his own mother over someone else....
    I wouldn't let that worry you.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's not odd, my grandmother had nine living babies and back in the day there weren't really too many on glass bottles so you usually got somebody to feed your child for you if you couldn't, she fed others children.

I can say on a side note though, noticing your child is 5 months old he is old enough to transition onto baby food, if you're against jarred food you can create your own organic food, but he's capable of starting to eat and it could be a good thing if you want to step away and not have another feed him.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If you are both fine with it who cares what others think.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Odd thing to say regarding the friendship, I would make sure that you do the same thing for her, or it might become an arguing point....otherwise as long as you know she is healthy, I'd go for it. My MIL had to step away from my hubby when he was a baby and his aunt nursed him....I would do it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• omg eeww.. im ossry but tis not that important.. i plan on bfing the next baby but formula will not hurt.. sorry i dont want anybody else to have that bond with my baby ugg... if your that desperate then PUMP!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009