Does anyone know exactly how much money I would make selling avon as a "hobby"

Does anyone know the percentage that you make selling it? I already have a actual job and make money each week watching kids one day weekly so Im not looking for an "income". I just want to sell it as an extra to earn free stuff and maybe a little bit of cash. How much would I make in free stuff/money???

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• It all depends on how many customers you can get. My sister in law does it and I think she makes about $50 - $75 per month. If you get alot of customers to always order, you should do OK. I never did it because I didn't want to be bothered with delivering orders and returning items.
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm not sure how much you would make working with Avon, although I've known many ladies that have been very pleased with the company. I personally decided to work with another reputable company that has more consumable products, and they are caustic-chemical free. They've been around for nearly 25 years, so like Avon, are well respected. If you'd like to compare the two, go to www.HealthyHome4All.com
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 9:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's about 20% of your sales......but then you have to factor in the cost of buying the brochures, bags, gas for delivering, you have to buy the samples, etc. Not to mention if you are buying stuff for yourself. I do avon as a "hobby" and I would say that I don't make more than $40/month and that's with several orders a month. Oh yes, the pp mentioned 'returns'. Avon proudly advertises that no sale is ever final, you can get reimbursed for a returned item, but YOU have to pay to send it back to Avon and that's not reimbursed. So I always hope and pray to not have any returns. There is no "free stuff".
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My mother has been doing Avon for almost 30 years. She does it very very part time like 5-10 hours a week... She is earning around $300 a month from her actual sales and about $1000 a month from her downline.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Well I never had luck with avon but I decided to go downtown and buy beads,strings, and onynz and all kinds of pendants.I have been selling from monday to thursday and Including today I have made $250.00 that is great for me .I have friday,saturday and sunday and I expect to sell triple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I sell Avon and make enough to pay for my own products - but, I don't work it hard at all. That's just from freinds and a few neighbors. I also have a Mia Bella Gourmet candle business and that's where I make pretty good money. Avon is kind of a hobby - Mia Bella is my business. Hope this helps! For more info, check my profile.
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 3:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009