Is there such a thing as Crooked Baby teeth???

My son's first tooth just broke through his gums like 3 days ago. It looks like it is crooked and slants to the side. Is this an indication that his teeth will be crooked when he is older and all his teeth are in? or is this just how it looks at first? what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby teeth can be as crooked as they want, it does not neccesarly mean his adult teeth will be like that unless he has a overbite or underbite then that could indicate a problem.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 8:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Do you remember how weird your "big girl" teeth looked when they started coming in? They continued to move for quite awhile before they settled in to what you have today. So......

I think the baby teeth positioning isn't going to predict anything about the teeth to come.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• They can be crooked when they come in (and frequently are). They usually (that's usually) straighten as the others come in. What the baby teeth look like doesn't affect the placement of the adult teeth.

Be sure you start cleaning them. You can use plain water and a washcloth or you can get non-flouride baby toothpaste and a baby toothbrush.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ya, my DDs bottom teeth look a little crooked too. I wouldn;t worry too much about it but I would start brushing it!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009