Did ppl really not go

to Wal-Mart because of a text message???

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 8:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• give more info
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• There's been text messages sent throughout the country about gangs being at Wal-Mart and shooting women but it was a hoax.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 8:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I got the text from a cop source so I did not let my mother go to work last night. She went tonight though
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I got the same txt...wierd!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know a thing about cell phones and texting so this is probably a dumb question. But, I am going to assume that all these messages got sent all over the country. How did somebody have the numbers or names and the time????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no, I don't go to Walmart because they suck in multiple and heinous ways.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• OMG, autodidact! We don't agree often, but I will totally bond with you over our mutual dislike of Walmart.  My car refuses to go into their parking lot, it's weird. :o)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My neice works at the big Super Wal*Mart in Dodge City, Kansas so she had to go, but she said she got the text message 6 times yesterday, warning her. Until she found out it was a hoax she was very upset because she has a 2 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old baby girl to worry about.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I didn't believe it when I heard it. It was too random and stupid, but people forwarded it on to all their friends, and they forwarded it to their friends.....

It's like really bad gossip. People are still forwarding e-mails about missing girls that originated 5 years ago, or about drugs that were actually recalled 7 years ago.... Stupid.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wish they'd start going after the people who keep forwarding this BS. It made the news here tonight, they're trying to backtrack through the forwarding to see if they can ultimately find a source, but it's been going on for FOUR years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009