HELP!

My son is now 7 months old and for the past month has been waking up every two hours on the dot to eat. He will eat 4 8oz bottles a night. I've even started putting cereal in them and it's not helping. I dont know what to do. I at first thought it was just a growth spurt but it's been a month and I need some type of sleep. He didnt even wake up this much as a newborn. I know I must sound horrible but I hate him being tired all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my LO has always slept through the night, but i would definately look at how much you are feeding during the day.

at 7 months she was eating cereal and baby food 3 times a day (or 3 jars a day) and that was stage 2. she eats 4-5 6 oz bottles a day as well. i never put cereal in her bottle. i was told not to do that by her doctor.

if that doesnt work, you might ask your doctor. it sounds like way too much food for your baby to be eating. i know everyone is different but that is what i would be concerned about more than anything.

and of course you need some sleep.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• do you feed him in the day time? I was feeding my 7 mth old son solids three times a day and he started sleeping all night

Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what do you feed him durning the day ? try puting hiim on solid banana's apple sauce green beans things like that
    Anonymous

• One thing I've had to learn is there is nothing you can do to make a baby sleep through the night. They will begin sleeping through the night on their own time when they are ready too. Don't worry, my 7 1/2 month old doesn't sleep through the night either.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• he eats two bowls of cereal and 2 to 3 jars of stage2 meals a day plus formula and sometimes a snack
    Anonymous

• well it doesnt sound like he isn't getting enough during the day. i mean it sounds like he is getting plenty to me. so again, i would be concerned that he is eating too much. 8 oz. every 2 hours is a lot.

i would consult my doctor.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• that was my biggest worry because that seems like a lot to me too. But I tried everything I could before I gave him the second and thrid bottles but nothing else would make him happy. He's getting one of his top teeth I just noticed. Who that cause this?
    Anonymous

• he is probably theething dont do nothing about it. Just tell him no and "Dont spare the rod of discipline"
    womenrule

Answer by womenrule at 10:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• DISCIPLE?!? FOR A 7 MONTH OLD? wow...some people on here have their information wrong. He could be teething...could be sick....check with your pedi. my DS JUST started sleeping through the night (like last week) and he's 9 and a half months old.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Cereal at night can actually cause a baby to wake more frequently because it can upset the tummy.

It's possible this could be a growth spurt. Typically babies have one at 6 months but he could be having his a little late. He's hungry so I would just feed him.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009