Any Moms suffer from depression?

Hello everyone!
I've always had problems with depression since I can remember. I've been on and off anti-depressants all of my life.
Anyone else been down that road too? Please let me know so I don't need to feel alone in this issue anymore.

beccasmomabcd

Asked by beccasmomabcd at 8:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • been there,done that,got the t shirt.It sucks! I had a nervous break down when I was 30.I have been on antidepressants since then.I am like a rollercoaster,I am up and down.went through the anorexia. I have been diagnosed with clinical depression/ and biploar
    Anonymous

• Yes I am supose to be on anti depressents but as of right now and the last 4 years I haven't been on them, but I have thought about going back on them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was diagnose with severe depression at 7... Then the diagnoses was changed at 15 to bi-polar disorder... I have been on meds but not for a long time. I quit taking them at 17, none of them helped! and they had bad side effects. I'm here if you need to chat. I would recommend also reading Depression for Dummies... Great book! It will help you in ways you didn't know you needed help in!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have postpardum depression. It sucks I think what I hate most about it is the lack of awareness in our society about mental illness. Just because you cant see the illness makes you "crazy" but it's totally real and it really hurts. I feel your pain
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Please dont feel alone. I have postpardum depression and I felt like I couldnt talk to anyone because I was embaressed and didnt know anyone who went through it. But I am no longer ashamed because it is very real and more common than I thought.
    fmacmillan

Answer by fmacmillan at 10:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009