What would you do with the pediatrician when?

you know your children are sick only you know what goes on and they just guess at the symptoms and prescribe medicine. I just feel like we just went in just to give them money I don't know what I expect from them but a very thorough check up I guess. Do you feel this way. Jipped.

I hate the waiting, paying and not a very good experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know exactly what you mean. When my son was a baby everytime he got sick the doctor would say he had an ear infection and prescribe antibiotics. I got sick of it so I stopped listening...and guess what. He turned out just fine. I say get a second opinion, new doctor (that is what I eventually did) and take him to the doctor only when he is really sick. Some things we can handle at home naturally with medicine. I never liked to drug my son up.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• if you arent satisfied with your doctor get a new one.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean! I used to work at a Peds office and would see this happen all the time. Patients would have to wait forever to be seen and the doctor barely touches them. It's all about the money! The doctor I worked for would want to see every child that called, the same day. It's almost like they guess what is wrong with your child, only to have you come back again for the same probem. They really are practicing medicine and making money.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• This is why I prefer the Nurse Practitioner.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Find a new doctor if possible. They work for you after all.
    Personally, I have no experience with that situation. We rarely make sick visits to the doctors. The last one was in January 2008 but I already knew what was wrong with my dd. She had pink-eye and we needed the drops and note so she could miss school for the week otherwise I wouldn't have taken her and let it run it's course. Can't remember the last sick visit before that...probably some time in 2004 or something.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Most of what kids get is common to all kids, plus there are seasons of things and things that are going around in the area.

Like the first poster said if you don't like your doctor get a new one.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I usuallly go into the Dr.'s office with a list of questions in my head or writen down. We really only see the Dr. for our 1 year check up. But any questions I have help narrow down anything that is wrong and makes the Dr. think more on what it could be. I just keep asking questions no matter what they are.Too me it shows that I've either researched it knowing what cold is going around or what the resulting prescripes should be. My Dr. loves the fact that if I doubt him, he loves to hear my side of what my be wrong or what should be done even if it's not what he recommends. But my Dr. really goes out on a limb and will help you out anyway he can, by free samples and I can always call and talk or leave a message for his nursing assistant. She can help or she'll pass the message along. I guess I lucked out on our Dr.
    Sadielg

Answer by Sadielg at 12:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009