Am I the only one that thinks

What the hell was i thinking about having kids? My son is 13 and driving me crazy! his hormones and thinking he is grown- facial hair, mustache,,thinks he is ready for a girlfriend and grades dropping- Husband mad, i am mad, makes my other kid sad! Yelling, headaches- Again what the hell was I thinking! Just kiddin
Thanks for letting me vent- I still love the Kid- I guess i am getting pay back for my teenager years -My poor mother!

Goldenbrowny

Asked by Goldenbrowny at 9:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• lol, I had the same thought today at walmart. I became one of "those" mothers, my son was screaming at the top of his lungs for God only knows what reason trying to climb out of the basket and pulling things from shelves. We were getting an abundance of "cant you control your child?" looks. What was I thinking?? =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Chandra034-atleast it was a toddler screaming to get out and not a teenager screaming to get in the cart- My son has actually done that thinking he was hilarious!

Teens are great at getting us to see what we put our parents through. I think it is a 2 generation conspiracy, our kids make us sympathise with our parents right before our parents are getting to an age where they need us more to help out! We have an only and DH and I were both not good teens not terrible to our parents, but behind their backs- OOOOOHHHH we are in for it!

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• LOL!! I was thinking the same thing, my son won't be 13 until July but he is driving me crazy!!!!! He thinks he knows everything, he thinks he doesn't need an education, that he can survive without a degree and working at McD's. His hormones are out of control, he is a walking attitude. He doesn't have facial hair yet, but that is just a matter of time. He is obsessed with Hannah Montana and drives me crazy with watching her all the time. He stinks and won't wear deodarant. I think I am going to run away for a couple of years until the worst blows over.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• this is where being a grandmother is great. I've been through the fire with teens and life is good now seeing my kids dealing with teen kids! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• what do you do? watch your parents laugh at you because we did the same thing!!! you deal with it. make sure you are MOM first and foremost befroe being a friend. lay down your rules. no one that doesn't pay bills in my house runs it.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree... thank goodness Cafemom is a good place to vent, and get some ideas. It seems like it just happens over night. Try to keep a sense of humor about it. You can even laugh with him about it... tell him to give you some advanced warning when he is going to do some of that weird teen stuff.... I try to, but there are days when there is nothing funny about it!!!
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yep, I didn't want kids. And I'm still not crazy about the idea. I wanted to give them up but my husband won't let me. So now here I am a WAHM, with no life and horrid kids... I would give anything to go back and not have them!
    Anonymous

• I think we've all thought that many times.... they aren't a piece of cake....lol....
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my Mom's favorite thing to say to me is, "Let me know when you find the instruction manual!"
    Anonymous

• good luck
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 8:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009