What do you consider to be a "Single Mom"???

I have friend who says that she is a "single mom" but she is getting married, do you stll consider her to be a single mom?

This is going in the just for fun cuz I didnt know which topic to put it in

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you Luvs, she is in the self pity party. She not only is getting finacial help from the child's father she is also getting finacial support from the boyfriend.

Now in the IRS eyes, she is a single mother..... Which I see alot of people not getting married because the state pays for so much when you are a "single" parent... disgusting.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• no she wont be a single mom is someone that has no partner / boyfriend/ husband
    i was a single mom but now i have my husband who is my sons step father
    Anonymous

• I think a single mom is someone who is not with a man at all, especially the father of the child. IMO--thats my definition
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• No way is she a single mother!

A truly single mother is a mother that does it completely on her own, to include NO childsupport.

I know first hand what it is like to do it ALL on my own and believe me it is almost an insult when a woman has a live in boyfriend that helps with her child saying she is a single mother.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• a single mom is when the father isnt in the picture and shes not getting any help with the father..........shes not a single mom!lol
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Thats kinda what i thought too
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If she lives with a man that is not the father of her child, she is a "single"mom as far as parental definition, but if she lives with another man, she is not a single mother financially.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If she's getting help with a baby don't think she is all that single:)
    Single mom is a mother that deals with her baby need all by herself
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• lol shes not single for one
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• To me a single mom is someone that has no partner whatsoever. I don't think your friend is considered a single mom.
    Anonymous