dark or light mucus plug

does a mucus plug always have blood in it? i have had thick discharger for a couple days and i hear people talk about their plugs having dark blood or brown blood, old blood. but i was checked to see if i was dialated monday and was bleeding bright red and have been spotting bright red for a couple days now. I am 37 weeks 3 days. and very ready to have my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can be tinted brown or red or dark but just because you lose it is no sure sign that you will have your baby anytime soon you may lose it now then not go in to labor for weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• my mucus plug is still coming out and its completely clear and very snotty
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Mine have always been clear, and I lost my plug 3-4 weeks before the birth of my children.
    Anonymous