discharge or what?

Ok ladies I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant and I have been seeing a light color like brownish I guess you could say mixed in with my discharge. This is my first pregnancy so I dont know what to look out for and is this normal or what? What could this be? I dont have my next doctor's visit until next week and I started noticing this brown color stuff in with my discharge right after my last visit.. So what the heck is this? Oh and sometimes its like a small amount of blood and no pain or anything its just there.... Help what is this? has any one eles had this?

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its a mucus plug it means ur baby is getting ready to come but may be weeks yet hang in there it can be brown, red, pink, clear
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 9:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• brownish is like old blood it is considered spotting but if it is gooey it could be your plug as well its fine no big deal just tell your dr next time and if it is your plug its no promise of labor anytime soon
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Sounds like you mucus plug

Normally during pregnancy, the mucus is cloudy, clear, thick and sticky. Toward the end, when the cervix thins, some blood is released into the cervix which causes the mucus to become bloody. As the woman gets closer to labor, the mucus plug discharges as cervix begins to dilate
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009