I have to ask.. Really how hard is it to know when you are pregnant?

Also, how hard is it to know when you are in labor, etc.. etc..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have two kids... figured it out both times w/o help! And labor... I couldn't tell you... I never did that part w/o an epidural, so I never felt it... I was induced when my water broke, no labor!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't know. I never had to ask anyone here on cafemom, I figured it out all on my own! LOL!!!
    Anonymous

• it shouldnt be that hard to figure out you are pregnant. now i know for a first time mom, you just arent sure what all the different feelings are when you are pregnant. there are so many things going on that are so different and strange. so that, i get. i know why people would ask questions...its scarey.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• the pregnant part idk i dont understand how people think asking online helps them either but the labor thing its noot always black and white sometimes you really dont know i had preterm labor 3 times so far adn all 3 times i didnt feel anything i was just having an increase of discharge so that one i can understand and some first timers really dont know
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• With the availability of HPT's, not so hard...I never asked anyone on cafemom, I just took a test lol. As far as labor...that's a little more tricky I guess, since it's different for everyone.
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 9:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• dunno. my mom always told me when I was pregnant. Labor? I didn't know that either the first time. No one said it would be like menstral cramps. I always saw movies where the woman grabbed her belly and went to her knees. I thought that was labor. I finally figured it all out though!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• UMMMM, I was on BC, and the kids an hubby were passing back and forth that really nasty cold/flu thingy, and I'm always irregular anyway, missing a month or two here n there. Took me going in to my DOC and asking for Meds for my "FLU" to find out I was pregnant. I was already 2 months along!!! I was like WHAT??? And this is my 5th pregnancy, and 3rd to make Full Term. So I Can get if someone doesn't catch on for a bit, especially if they have no serious symptoms like AM Sickness, and spot monthly, which can happen more than you think. The Labor thing, I also get. But then, I'm also the one to get the MALE DR who tries to tell ME what Labor is... OMFG, I'm sorry, I didn't know. My OTHER CHILDREN were just THERE one morning, I've Never done this... ((Can hear my sarcasm?? And YES, I DID say that to him!!! LOL)) Good Luck!
    No1MaryKayLady

Answer by No1MaryKayLady at 10:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009