My sons GF is pregnant the are only 16 what do I do?

So my son came to me last night to tell me his gf is pregnant OMG I am not shocked but disappointed. I try to be very open and informative with him when it comes to sex I have even bought condoms for him just so he would not be unprotected. Now what? His GF called me today and would like me their when she tells her mom which I told her we will be there tomorrow bc we are in this together right.I don't know I just need a little advice. Maybe I should mention I had my son when I was barley 14 so I know how she is feeling and maybe that's why I feel so much empathy and not much anger just disappointment and sadness. They are both great students academically and with their sports they dont get into any trouble OK I'm at a loss for words just to many tears to finish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• maybe they WANt to have a baby. be happy for them and just let them have the life they want. love them and help them. dont yell .
    Anonymous

• all you can do is be there as much as you can until they are done with their schooling, some schools offer "in school childcare" for a small fee. It happens and obviously from your experience you knw that they wil get through it.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• anon she said she wasnt angry, she said disappointment and sadness
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oo. its ok. dont get stressed out. i was 14 when i got preggo and my df was 16. we were terrified. its not aqn easy thing to deal with at that age. all i can suggest is be there for him and her and let them know they have your support. you could let him know you r disappointed but at this point it wont make a big difference lol. anyways, i didnt wanna get preggo at that age because i knew that doing skool and takin care of a baby would eb hard, but now im 16 i hav a job and i go to an online skool and i take care of dd whenever im not working. also, when the baby does come, make sure it is a very supporive environemtn...my parents bitched at me for months about every lil thing and it pushed me into depression and made me suicidal. they do it now but i ignor them because i know that they dont understand, they dont help me at all, they wont even buy diapers if i cant get them. its rough. if you need to talk message me.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i can give a teens side lol
    xhellxfirex495

• It will be okay. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son and his girlfriend. you are doing great. support them and be there for them. they are going to need you. for me i deal with stress by planning.

just do your best to keep them on track, try to help them with finishing school, etc. you know it will be okay because you have been there. so just try to stay strong. and be there for him.

i am sorry that you have to do this. but eventually you won't be thinking about the disappointment. there is a little joy coming just a little sooner than you would have planned.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Just continue letting them come to you. Don't let her be talked into adopting the baby out and don't let anyone try and take your son's rights away. Help out as much as you feel they need and encourage them to stay in school through all of this. Good luck!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Bust his butt and force him to marry her. As far as the baby goes either raise it or give it up for adoption. What makes the baby's life less valueable than your own
    womenrule

Answer by womenrule at 10:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• So far you seem to have handled it very well. IMO keep an open mindand see how things go with the other mom. It may not go very well in the beginning, she might not be as understanding as you, or at least at first, Give her a bit of time to process and hopefully you can all sit together and weigh all the options. Since you were preg. as a teen, (me too) you know that this is ultimately HER decision whether you agree with it or not.But we all also have to except responsibility for our decisions as does your son. Helping them is one thing but they have to deal with the consequences.I hope they finish school and can move forward in a positive way and you seem like the right mom tohelp them. Dont feel responsible Mom. You know we can only try to guide them and ultimately we are all going to make our own mistakes, even when we know better! Good luck and keep us posted.. Sending you my support...
    Daytripn

Answer by Daytripn at 10:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Be there for them, they will need all the support they can get. Protect your childs parental rights. It is ok to feel disappointed, they are young but from the sound of it, they are mature and responsible young adults. Help them finish school so they can get a college degree and support their baby, even if they may not be together. DO NOT force them to get married, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, if I would have married mom sons father, I would be divorced or in prison for killing the lying cheat. What would forcing them to marry solve? They can raise the baby without being married. What would that teach the child, to marry because you have to and not because you want to. That the parents married because mommy was pregnant with the child?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009