What can be done for an ovarian cyst that is popping and causing pain?

Anything? Is a dr. visit necessary?

JadeAndKerasMom

Asked by JadeAndKerasMom at 10:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• Talking to your doctor about changing (or starting) birth control can help. Many (but not all) ovarian cysts are affected by hormone levels, and by taking the appropriate birth control the symptoms and severity of the cysts can sometimes be improved. A cyst is a fluid filled sac within the ovary, and severe pain can occur when the membrane surrounding it ruptures. Occasionally, there is a blood vessel that bleeds into the cyst, but these do not need surgery very often (usually your body can heal the bleeding before it beomes dangerous). I think the best thing you can do is talk to your doc about how to improve your pain, and reduce the occurance of the cysts. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think that can be dangerous. Go to your doctor asap!!
    Anonymous

• i had that problem had to go to the e.r to find out what was making me hurt so bad they gave me pain meds, told me it was cyst, and told me to go to my dr. asap
    i had to have surgey to get the cysts removed i had a lot of them the dr. also put me on b/c he said it will help stop them from comeing back
    Anonymous