How do I get ahold of someone that is in the Navy?

I had thought about going to the Navy before. Actually I was ready to leave and everything until I found out I was pregnant. My son is 9 months now and I am married now as well. With the economy the way it is I feel that the Navy is my last resort to prepare my family for the worst. Before I make any final decisions though I want to talk to someone who is in the Navy right now, someone who has been in during this long battle that Bush got us into. I want to know what to expect, good or bad.
So how do I find someone that I can talk to about all this?

OneChance

Asked by OneChance at 10:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know what to tell you about the navy, I just wanted to comment on your situation...My next door neighbor just took in their grandson because their daughter (baby's mom) just joined the army. They said that its the only thing that she could do right now to take care of her son financially and know that he is in good safe hands until she can take him with her. Talk to a recruiter and ask lots of questions.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• go to the recruiter station...
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't blame it all on Bush. Other people had say in it as well. Talk to a recruiter. Go to their website and search for the nearest office.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Don't sign up if you're not prepared for the duty that is going to be required of you. You can ask the recruiter for contact info on an enlisted woman that's been in awhile-maybe she could give you the good and bad points.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My dh is in the Navy and he says a lot of women tend to not make it a career because you go on a lot of deployments and duty days. If you want security for your family, it's great, but expect to not spend a lot of time with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009