Have you (non-Christians) any positive thoughts about Christians or Christianity?

I guess I just feel like I see a lot of negative things said lately. And I was just wondering if you could share any examples of any positive influence or experience you have had with a Christian. Or if there are any things that you appreciate from the Bible. Or if you like anything about Jesus.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 10:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not Christian, but my grandfather whom I was very close to was.He was a deacon of a church also. He died two years ago of cancer. I watched him suffer and double over in pain for months and it was very hard to deal with, he eventually couldn't eat or anything, but the whole time during that period, I never heard him smart off to anyone,he laughed, he read his Bible everyday and prayed. Even though I don't share the same faith he did, he inspires so much.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I appreciate the bible. It has the perfect kind of paper to roll cigarettes with. Haha.
    But, if im serious, i like the christian values. Its nice to see some families like that.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I like the lessons taught about loving one another and from my growing up I learned to make family my top priority.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I used to be Christian. I was raised in the Christian Science Church. The best experience in Christianity I have had was when I was a teenager and I atteneded at CS camp called Adventrue Unlimited. I had a wonderful time and felt a lot of love there.
    I'm a pagan now for various reasons. The biggest is that it felt right for me. It is the path that works best for me spiritually. The one part of Christianity that I still carry with me is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is a universal rule really, and paganism has a similar rule: Harm None. So I don't have Christians, I really just don't like the Organized Religon part. Thats where the problmes are.
    KBurlison

Answer by KBurlison at 10:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It does have some inspiring qualities. It is not all bad. I just don't believe it is accurate and I believe it is man written.

I am inspried by some Christians and I get offended by some too.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have lots to say positive! And I try to on a regular basis... Although it's not for me I feel that Christianity has some good qualities. If nothing else the devotion that it inspires is awesome. I have read the bible many times and continue to study it and the religions that it inspires. I find it mostly historically accurate and a great mix of moral tales, history and myth. It's a great book in the same way that the Odyssey and the Iliad are... Myth, morals and history... The story the inspires that of Jesus is a very old belief and is actually not exclusive to Christians although the NAME Jesus is... Again, I think it's got great historical merit as well as a great moral tale and a great myth all in one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It's not the religion that makes me angry, it's those that use the bible as a battling weapon against those that don't share the beliefs as them that make me mad.

Most Christians I know are nice people,and care more about the good in someoNE rather than bashing them for not sharing their beliefs.. however you will always have the radicals out there in religions.. and they tend to be a bit on the crazy side.. those are the ones I don't like.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• as you know i am a christian mom and i do like other christian moms to belive like i do but we dont alll belive in the same way each of us has thier own opion
    Anonymous

• You are anonymous.How would we know if you are Christian or not?WOW!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Surprisingly yes. I clean and dress dolls for the local charity, Caring Ministries. Several churches in town sponsor this shop. They run a Salvation Army second-hand store and, at Christmas, have a special Santa Shop for those who can't afford to buy their gifts at WalMart. My dolls go to little girls so I try to make them look nice. But I consider that Christian charity IS a very positive thing.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2009