Has anyone have the wrist to wrist child saftey cord? Would you use it it's not like the old school child leashes out there

They sell it on QVC & it's called the KinderKord

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sons harness turned into a wrist strap that we now use since he has outgrown the actual harness
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Not exactly that, but I got this backpack that straps around to the front of the child from walmart, that my son LOVED. His was a monkey and the "tail" was the parents end to hold. It's very cute, we used it everyday! And it only costs about 10 to 15 dollars at most! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I know they are safe, but so is holding your kids hand.....and this way your child is more like one of the family and not a family pet.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking of getting one for my daughter.. so far we have used the cart most places that we go because we haven't gone anyplace that doesn't have carts since she's learned to walk.. but I know we are going shopping next week for spring clothes, and are going to look into them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I hate those things but understand why some parents have to use them. If I HAD to use one it would be the backpack. Its cuter and less like a leash and more like a accessory. I think its better to just teach your child to stay close. I am trying to teach my son this and its very hard. I usually dont let him walk unless there is another person like DH with me. But i am trying to teach him to walk near me before I think about getting one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• anon 1109 do u have kids lol holding hands works as long as ur toddler cant wriggle out and if your holding to tight u can cause bruising..as for the holding ur child im a firm beliver in "You can walk so u will" at 32lbs my DS is to big to carry and sometimes doesnt listen well when holding my hand so i do use the "leash" to make sure if he escapes hes not getting to far. my DS listens for the most part but like every other toddler out there gets a mind of his own sometimes and this is much safer..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• They sell them pretty cheap at Walmart.

I used the animal backpack with the tail as the "leash". They boys thought it was so cool. lol We never led them by it or allowed them to lead us. It was an additional safety measure...we held their hands, but if they darted away they weren't getting far.

Not to mention if someone wanted to snatch and grab them...they weren't getting far since we had a tether to them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We have been throwing the idea of one of the backpack ones around. DS is usually pretty good but, let's face it, I wouldn't want to be in a stroller all the time. He's at the age where he's curious about everything around him so, I do want him to explore to an extent. Our biggest challenge is that he pays no attention to where he's walking. I don't worry about him hurting himself, we won't let him walk off a curb but, we warn him and he does still sometime bump into things but, we don't want other people to have to dodge him. He's a strong willed child and if he doesn't want to hold a hand, he won't...
    JamieW

Answer by JamieW at 11:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2009