Does anyone put on any music when they put their child to sleep for the night or nap??

I usually have this stuffed animal with music play but I think we are both getting tired of hearing this thing, or should I not get my son used to having to hear something in order to sleep?

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always used music/white noise. I had the Fisher Price aquarium that had lights and music but now I still put the radio on. I think it's helpful.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have always played classical for my kids and they are now 12, 11 9,and 7 years old still use it to fall asleep it doesnt bother me : )
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I started playing classical when my 4 yr. old was in the womb and we have played the same cd every night. His younger brother has a different cd, but yes, I think it's helpful. We didn't want our kids to be raised like me (my mom turned EVERYTHING off in thehouse and kept it totally quiet). So our kids can sleep through anything, which is nice during storm season.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 10:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• We have played classical music for my dd since she came home and now my ds is in her room so he listens to it too.
    izzybear0217

Answer by izzybear0217 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yes, I bought this music box from homedics. It plays all different lullabies,it has a timer, and it has a star light projector. My daughter is 17 months old and iv'e been using it since shes been born.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• music or white noise is a good thing. My boys have a fan. When they were younger they had a CD that I put on repeat
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My son started listening to music around 8 months. I found that he sleeps longer and better with it. I also have a fan that I use that helps as well. I see no problem with it at all!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• we had the same fish tank as the first poster for my son when he was in his crib and we used it so much it finally gave up lol...so we got him a light fish tank thing for the wall and a cd player with night time kid music and both have to be on for naps and bedtimes....its part of his routine and like someone else said i like that he can sleep through alot now...even as a baby and he would fall asleep on me or next to me on the couch i would keep the tv just as loud and such....
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2009