Any ways to lose weight HEALTH-LY while pregnant?

I shouldn't be too far along, I just found out recently, just waiting to go to the doctors after my medicaid card comes. But I'm already a little overweight and fear it will only get worse with pregnancy. This will be my second child. I just don't want to be an over weight mommy that can't interact with her children. My first pregnancy I gained FIFTY POUNDS! I feel I can't afford to gain that much more again. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just eat healthy and workout..... not to hard though... like walking or buy some workout DVDs for pregnant women.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• you should not lose weight while pg. generally, the OB will jsut lower the amount you should gain, like keep the gain around 20 pounds IF you are legitimately overweight. save the dieting for after the baby, her growth in utero is more important than the size of your butt ;-)
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It is NEVER safe to diet when pregnant. But you can eat healthy & go on walks.. Just try to be more active.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• don't feel bad. i put on 63 pounds with my daughter. i didn't do the i'm-pregnant-i-can-eat-whatever-whenever thing either; my body just felt it needed to keep every calorie i consumed. i lost the baby weight by cutting out high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils from my diet. it's scary how much crap we consume in the American diet.
    BethTheGreat

Answer by BethTheGreat at 11:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• you should always eat if you are hungry. just instead of eating chips eat an orange, apple, pickle as a snack. you can go threw you hole pregnancy and only gain a few pounds if you are already overweight and still be safe for the baby. i am having twins and just eating what i am supposed to and not eating fast food and eating oranges and apples and pickles as a snack instead of my usual chips and dip, fries, candy bar ....and drinking a lot of water helps me to not gain any. also take your prenatal vitamins will help you not feel the urge to eat if you don't need to.  so in my opinion you can loose weight while you are pregnant as long as you are eating more then you did before you were pregnant.  also think high protein and high fiber foods.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2009