Lost my mucous plug, how much longer?

Evening ladies!

I'm 36w3d and I just lost my mucous plug this evening. Been having a lot of preterm contractions to boot, even went into L&D this morning...again...

Anyway, I was wondering about how long after all of you lost yours that you went into labor. This is my first and I'm so anxious to hold my son!

Reulia

Asked by Reulia at 10:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i a m still losing mine u may of lost it but u may not go for 2 more weeks yet and i am contracting preterm too u never do know? u could lose more later yet too!
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 10:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Yep, it can be two to three weeks before your angel decides to grace you with Thier presence, or it can be tomorrow, You never know, just watch for the water, focus on the contractions and get there before the baby lol... Good luck...
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• if it wasnt bloody it could be a while. Mine was a "bloody show" and about 36 hours later my water broke
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i never had a bloody mucus plug mine was yellowish and it all came out at once... plus my water broke before the mucus plug came out and i was 38 weeks.... now my son is 11 months old...
    connor08

Answer by connor08 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I lost mine at 38 weeks and went into labor within 48 hours. I'm not sure for you it could be real soon for you. Good Luck!

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't remember losing my plug with my oldest. With my second son I lost my plug, 3 hours later my water broke and 24 hours later from then I had my son by emergency c/s at 28 weeks. With my third son I was slowly losing my mucus plug at 28 weeks..by the time I made it to 29 weeks I was having contractions and I went into labor. So I would say it depends on how much you loss and it varies. GL!
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• it can be weeks yet. The only way to know is if water breaks...good luck tho mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i lost mine with my daughter and had her not even 12 hours later. i started having contractions 2 hours after it came out. it might take longer for first time moms but i think it could be anytime now. good luck
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009