how many of you..........

how many of you used things to make you go into labor earlier? I heard nipple stimulation works great?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nothing is going to work until the baby is ready.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• dont do nipple stimulation it can cause horrible contractions that can cause problems. Sex only works to help dialation and its noit even sex just the semen (it has prostaglandins in it) I tried castor oil and it was awful and did absolutely NOTHING!!! just wait, i swear its worth it.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have also heard nipple stimulation can cause BAD problems if your body isn't ready to give birth yet. So much better for you and the baby if you just let your body tell you naturaly when its' ready.
    loriloriaustin

Answer by loriloriaustin at 11:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I used castor oil and it worked for two of my pregnancies. Although who is to say that I would not have gone in to labor anyways. With my first little ones I was a week and a half late and was scheduled for an induction and I wanted to try anything other that pitocin. My doctor was the ones that suggested it and I had read about it but would never had tried it without her telling me that I should try it and she told me how much to take. I would not say that it was the most pleasant of experiences because it cleared me out, I can't even think of castor oil without wanting to be sick.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• How far along are you? on the day of my due date i personally started nipple stimulation and i had my daughter 2 days later and it was no worse then when i went into labor with my son. i tried castor oil and it only made me sick. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• only try these things if you are due or overdue: nipple stimulation(it mimics the baby nursing and that causes contractions. Semen has something in it that mixes with a RIPE cervix only. Walking helps some women. I have heard spicy food but all that did was give me heartburn. you could maybe google this topic, but again please only if you are due or overdue, otherwise it will cause issues as your body is not ready. and none of these things are guarenteed to work.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2009