what does it mean poor eye contact-specially moms with autism experience

Hello...i would like to know what poor eye contact means? my 6 months old baby sometimes makes eye contact and sometimes no, so i would like to know if someone could describe poor eye contact specially in autism infants, thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have experienced it with toddlers. It means that when you would normally be looking at someone that child doesn't. Such as when they are talking to you they don't look at you. Or when you are talking to them. I hope someone with more experience answers your question. Sorry.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Poor eye contact is only one of the symptoms of Autism and there is such a large spectrum. Is your baby delayed in other ways? I don't know what state your in but most states if not all have early intervention programs and if for any reason you think your child may be delayed or possible autism then contact them to have them do an eval. With Autism the earlier the start working with him the better. Feel free to PM me or yahoo IM, mrsrevjohnson.
    mrsrevjohnson

Answer by mrsrevjohnson at 11:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2009