do you have a family member that uses you?

everyone has one---so dish and vent your story!

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont know and horrible to say....BUT my mom acts as though I am made of money. She assumes that I have tons of it, just because I live a good life. The thing is my husband and I work very hard for what we have and just like every other person in AMERICA we have bills. It is just hard when family comes to you because they are family, its hard to say NO.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ugh yes.. my SIL is like 16 . im a hair stylist. when i use to live near them. she would ALWAYS i mean ALWAYs want me to do her hair... esp when i was prego.. like towards the end. im like seriously u got money go get it done at a salon. but now that she supposedly knows how to give herself hilites she "thinks" shes the best. .. yea too bad shes doingit wrong haha. and it looks bad. but thats not my prob.
    it just got on my nerves so much. i know i sound selfish or whatever but seriously when ur 30 some weeks prego u dont want to be doing someones hair every month...OH and not to mention all of her friends used me too. they would talk me into not paying me to do it. brib for something else. i dunno..
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I know how the 'being a hairstylist and everyone needs you' goes. it's when people take advantage of you and your abilities. BUGS ME TO DEATH! Certain people should be paying no matter what---the ones who do NOTHING for you in return!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Not anymore because I don't talk to most of my family anymore. They all tried to take advantage of me. They walked all over me too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I had a sister like that but thank goodness she's out of my life.
    TiredofInsanity

Answer by TiredofInsanity at 11:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Oh no...I stopped that a long, long.....looooong time ago. I woke up one day and said BS, I'm not letting people walk all over me anymore and I told them no. I didn't answer mail, I screened calls. When they finally started asking WHY??? Where are you??? I told them straight up. Some disappeared and are still unseen. Others ,well I guess they got a clue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2009