What's one thing that scares you about the ECONOMY?

What worry's you the most and how has the economy effected you and your family?

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Loosing another job. Not being able to pay the rent because of it. We have already lost one car because of lack of money.
    Anonymous

• not being able to get th medical attention i need because of money problems
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• im not afraid, i just know that i can not spend money that i do not have.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• How long it will be before there are jobs here again. We want to move, sooner better than later, but until things pick up around here, the housing market stays tanked and we can't sell. It would also be nice for DH to have a "real" job to fall back on when things are slow.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• What scares me the most is that people are all so paranoid about this. It's not as big of a deal as you think. This stuff happens everytime there is an election year. It's already getting back to normal. It's all just publicity. It hasn't affected my family at all.
    Anonymous

• My husband losing his job. I can't even imagine what we would do.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It hasn't affected my family at all.

So, of course, that means all those people who have been out of work since last fall don't exist.  We (and the Dept of Labor) made them up just to annoy you.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My DH had his hours cut---the gas prices; when they went up we spent our savings from our wedding just to be able to afford to go to work and back everyday. We are having a baby and don't know what is going to happen for us next! My dad is being obligated to retire from Chrysler after being there over 35years, my job as a hairstylist has suffered because people can't afford to do everything they want when they want anymore. They wait longer for haircuts and are buying..BOX COLOR!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• this economy is NOT getting back to normal. groceries are sky high, gas is teetering at the $2.00 a gallon mark.... my dh taking a pay cut.... my friends losing jobs....just months before retirement. get real....really....sorry if im bitchy on this subject. i see to many people struggling to believe the lie everything is going normal. as i said earlier i'm not afraid of the economy, i just have to be smart with my money.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I'm worried my husband's pay will get cut again or that some of his co-workers will lose their jobs.
    We think his is pretty secure but I know nothing is certain.

I don't know if I'm really afraid, though. Sure I worry about it but I'm not cowering in constant fear.
    I know that if he lost more of his pay or even if he lost his job, we'd survive and make it through.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009