HOW HARD WAS IT FOR YOU WHEN YOU FIRST PUT YOUR CHILD IN DAYCARE

HOW HOW DID IT TAKE FOR YOUR CHILD TO GET USE TO THE ATMOSPHERE......

nisi48

Asked by nisi48 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY DD loves daycare. I had her while in high school and the school I went to had a day care in it so I stayed there all day and watched her but she also got to play with all the kids at the same time. After a while she wanted me to leave lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• OMG it broke my heart....my daughte was 2 years and it took her about two weeks to be 100% ok with it.
    It is best, they learn so much and make so many friends.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i had to put my baby in daycare at 4 months. I hated leaving her, but she was actually in a great daycare. But she was real small for her age.. and it broke my heart to leave her. I use to cry to her dad about how I couldnt stand it. Its really fine for you to do it, I mean we all have to make a living. But I remb it was hard for me. I tried to get atleast one day off a week... So i wouldnt have to send her. She was the clingy baby.. she is almost 5 and still is. But shes in pre-k this year and she doesnt cry she loves it! Good Luck and dont feel bad about it... check out the daycares. I guess we are just attached to our kids. you even asking this question says your a great mom, concerned momma :)
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It was really hard. At first he adjusted after about a week. Then his teacher quit and they started moving him from one room to another and changing teachers two or three times a day, he hated it. We changed daycares again and he adjusted right away.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I was a wreck!!! I cried everyday and finally I had to quit to stay home. I then opened up my own home daycare. I tried really hard to make it as easy as possible for other moms to go to work while thier little ones were with me.
    mrsrevjohnson

Answer by mrsrevjohnson at 11:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• But Also Iam a picky mother... so from 4 months to 3 she in 4 diff daycares. The first one had closed down when she was one. They one that look really nice.. I always chose but looks arent everything... And If you complain about anything.. ya mines well start lookn. My daugh was kicked out of one b/c, i guess they didnt like me. lol whatever I just expected my daught to be talkn care of and not force feed, till she vomited... So be careful!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Surprisingly I did okay. He just started going last week and we both did just fine. I really like the lady and in fact I even went to HS with her daughter so I felt a little more secure. It was just weird now having him around all the time! The first day I took him I had a few hours to myself before I had to go to work and it was just weird not having him around! I found that I couldn't relax lol. I was still on mom mode waiting for him to fuss..but instead it was so quiet :-( That was the only sad part!! I think it's kind of a good thing though because at the end of the day I'm excited to see him instead of being worn out waiting for Daddy to get home and take over haha.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Her first day care, she cried all the time, she was in it for a month before I decided i had had enough of the womans drama and the things she did, hell I'd cry too she kept my daughter (who was too big for it not to mention) in a swing most of the time, she wanted to play.
    when i first put her in youthland academy she hated the ones room, but the babys were littlier than her, in 2 weeks she got switched to the toddler room and she loves it, She is happy to go , wore out but happy when she comes home, Listen to the signs your kid gives you, if they are unhappy with the situation they will tell you and if it doesn't subside, something isnt right, She didn't like the first daycare cuz the lady was mean, and the ones room because she was more advanced, there was nothing to stimulate her, Once she was with kids her age and doing things she liked, she was happy. I miss her, but I know its good for her.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My son went when I went back to work at 12 weeks. It was harder on me than on him. But it wasn't that bad. He goes to a private daycare and likes his provider.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• It was hard for me, but I knew I had to do it.

Him? He couldn't get rid of me fast enough. He'd spotted the sand table and he was sold.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009