How much do you spend on a haircut? color? ect..

What's it worth to you? What are you willing to spend for the GREATEST HAIRCUT? Best COLOR? you get the idea. We all either pay it or we provide it (me) and it kind of strikes me as interesting--are you a Fantastic Sam's person or a high-end-never- gonna-get- in-with-your-stylist salon?

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i just got my hair cut and hilight today. i spent 59 then i tipped her great so 70 total.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I have to say that I would never spend 80 on a color and cut, i know what the color cost... i used to work in a salon and it costs 4.25 for a tube of color made my redken and most colors are comparable to the price. its cheaper then BOX COLOR!!!!! I still have friends from the salon i used to work at and others who have opened their own so usually i dont pay for a cut either ... and i do my color myself after trip to raylon
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• 40 for a cut and 75 for highlights. I wont go any where else lol.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 11:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• lol pink fan girl, probably costs them about 2.75 for the bleach mix and 2.00 for the bottle of developer... so not worth it
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Nothing. I cut my own hair and don't dye it. I hate wasting money on myself when I can do it on my own. I'm a cheapass.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I am with Samantha - I cut my own hair. I do color it every 6 months or so & spend about 3.00 for a box of color.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 11:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• i use to work at a high end salon.. cut is $60 and say color ...so tahts another $60. 120 ... what do u think. they all went to a beauty school and its all the same way to apply it..
    i get my hair done for free. so im not worried about it. i mean i know that someppl have a prob with it. but then there are ppl that dont care as long as it gets done. i dunno
    Anonymous

• I am one of those "never gunna get in with my stylist" kind of girls. I had a trim and color last week, it was $135.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• ok the most i have spent was $230.00 yes it was alot but i loved my hair i dont think it should of cost that much, i dont think i have ever spent less than a $100.00 on my hair. Except once my friend and I were trying to find a hairsalon that wasnt going to cost that much we found one and I only spent $70. and i got what i paid for my hair and her hair were fucked up in every way it could be. I asked for side bangs and got half of bangs my hair was supose to be blonde it came out green and orange and I asked for layers and got no layers. My friend went to get her hair trimmed up to same hair cut she had and they fucked it up so bad. So i think now u pay for what u get.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 11:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You are paying for a service. Paying for the person to make a living. Paying for the salon to be there. Paying for the experience. Do you know that a perm costs less that 5 dollars? But lets see you try and do that on your own! Redken may be that much for a tube of color, but are you telling me that you only use 1 color on your head, or do you mix it with another to make it your own, then you have to buy developer,next you process under heat or a steamer which isn't free to own or use, then they have to use shampoo and conditioner to wash it out, and use a glove for application, and use a towel or two which then need to be washed and use product in your hair which isn't free, and finally- blow dry your hair which uses electricity. NOW TELL ME----DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY IT MIGHT COST ALOT OF MONEY FOR COLOR?
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2009