Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best way to get rid of an yeast infection

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • go to the dr and get the meds. i had a yeast inf while i was preggo and i bought the 7 day cream and it didnt go away so my doc prescribed a new cream and it went away but i had the inf for like a week and a half. it was horrible. i reccomend just going to the doc!

    Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 11:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

  • You can take an acidophilus supplement or eat yogurt with live cultures everyday. cut down on eating  foods high in sugar,as well as yeasty foods,wine, hard cheeses,yeast and white breads. basically you want to change your body's oh balance to a more alkali rather than acidic, and replenish the good bacteria. there are over the counter thing you can get like monistat too. also you may be able to get tea tree oil creams that can help but I dont know exactly how much for you to use.


    Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

  • Eat a bunch of yogurt.

    My sister asked me this one time and I told her "yogurt" and she said "what flavor?" and I said "whatever you want - it doesn't matter". Well, a couple of days later she said "it didn't help at all" and I asked her how much she ate. She stopped and said "you EAT it?!" I was like "yes, what did YOU do with it?" Ummm, well, it was no wonder "it didn't work!"

    SO, go get yourself some yogurt and EAT it and it will clear up. GL

    Answer by Babylove76 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • I agree with hypersquirrel. I read you can insert plain yogurt into the vagina using a tampon dispenser but not sure if that is wise. You could call a dr or pharmacist. If you have the money go buy some monistat

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

  • I try to eat yougurt on a regular basis to keep them at bay. I also make sure I dry off very well after my shower/bath. I will even hit down below with my blow dryer. I have it out anyway to dry my hair. If you already have the infection, you can get over the counter meds like Monistat, but I hate them because they are a mess. I usually call my doc and he calls in a script for Diflucan. It is one oral pill and within 24 hrs I have relief of the symptoms, the itching and burning and by day 3 it is gone. Oh and never set around in a wet bathing suit longer than you have to because I would get them one after the other and did not know why until a nurse asked me if we have a pool and I told her we did. She said well if you are in a damp suit all the time you will keep getting them. Good luck


    Answer by salexander at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.