Should I feel guilty?

I see signs everywhere saying breast feeding is the best thing for your child. I can't, And constantly feel like I am not doing what is best for my children. I can't because #1 i can't have any dairy, I am constantly sick, I can't eat alot of meat, I have an eating disorder, (nothing serious, I am working on it) :for the past 6 years I have a tendancy to ignore the fact that I am hungry and I will go days without eating, I never get the urge to eat anymore, Plus I have some conditions that require medications for stomach ulcers and pain, So I just can't breastfeed... Should I feel so guilty all the time, Is it that terrible for the baby to be on formula only?

Mommyxtwo777

Asked by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• i gotta add, personally i think all this pushing breastfeeding and trying to make women do it, is a conspiracy with WIC the government agency that helps low income women with formula, they are trying to cut back on giving away so much formula.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 12:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its not that terrible. my daughter drinks formula and i did and my brother did to.. there is nothing wrong with it. you have to do what you have to do. breastmilk is better but the next best thing is formula. you are doing a great job and just do worry about breastfeeding if you can do it and make sure they are drinking formula.
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• If you wouldn't be able to provide the quality and the quantity your child needed, there wouldn't be any good in breastfeeding. As is, you are doing what is best for your child. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Have you murdered someone?

No?

Then stop wasting your time on guilt.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• do not feel guilty.. if it wasnt good for your baby then they wouldnt sell it or make it. formula is fine.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 12:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Formula is just fine and dandy. I breastfed my son for about five weeks, then stopped because it got to be uncomfortable. He is just fine and smart too. and for the child I'm pregnant with now, I am probably not going to breast feed. Just formula. And this child will be just fine also. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone. Everything is just fine for you and your baby =] =] =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hey, your kid needs to eat, whether by boob or bottle. I would think less of a mom who let her kid be hungry just to breast feed him than one who supplemented with bottles or exclusively fed a baby a bottle. As long as the kiddo is gaining weight and happy, who gives a darn?
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2009