How do i invest in the stock market

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Why would you want to do that right now? With the way the economy is I really wouldn't advise it.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I disagree with PP. Now is a great time to invest, everything is on "sale". But before you start investing, are you debt free? I don't recommend investing if you are not debt free. I also don't necessarily think that it's wise to buy individual stocks, but to invest in a more diverse way, like Mutual Funds. Find an investment advisor at a place like Edward Jones, Charles Schwab, etc and tell them you want to invest. They should ask you lots and lots of questions, like what your long term goals are, how much you have to invest, what kind of risk you are willing to take. Stocks go up and down and every 10 years or so they hit a low....we are at a low right now, but history shows that things will go back up and after a big low, there should be a big high (fingers crossed). Don't try to do something that you don't know much about on your own, find someone to help. I use Edward Jones and I don't have to pay for advice =)
    Anonymous