canker sore on tongue?

I have a canker sore on my tongue I didnt know that was possible. Is this ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it's fine. Get some powdered alum (used in canning pickles) and put it on it. It hurts like the dickens but it will be gone in 15 - 20 minutes.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Is it a canker sore or just an inflamed taste bud? I have had inflamed taste buds and they hurt like crazy. As a matter of fact, I have a sore one right now. Canker sores are white and an inflamed taste bud is real red.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its a canker...i use to get them a lot when i had braces...and get them from time to time...its on the side of my tongue and its white with a hole in in like a canker...i get red swelled taste buds too my mom calls them lies bumps never knew what they really were though. why do we get those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• try Glyoxide and call the dr in the morning

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Canker sores are NOT caused by a virus the way a cold sore is. Instead, they are an ulcer that is usually a result of an injury or trauma to tissue in the oral cavity and mucous membranes. Because a canker sore is technically an ulcer, there is no way to prevent them from happening, if you are prone to getting them (I am, and get one EVERY time I accidentally bite my cheek or tongue). Using a saltwater rinse a few times a day will help, and try to avoid citrus and spicy foods for a few days while it heals. I personally use Campho Phenique to help heal the ulcer, with really great results in a day or two. It hurts like hell, but I would rather deal with that for a couple days than wait 7-10 for it to heal on its own. You can get the Campho at the pharmacy near the first aid section.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009