Blonde hair

My boyfriend and I wanna color are hair. We wanna go blonde we both have really dark brown hair. Is it possible to do this at home with out going to a professional? or is a professional are best bet? If we do this on our own anyone know how??

brokensmile423

Asked by brokensmile423 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ur hair might turn orange or have like a redish tint to it unless u use bleach.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 12:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• PROFESSIONAL. Don't attempt at home!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Even if you use bleach it still will process uneven without even heat distriputed on the heat, or applied evenly with the right volume developer--and you might end up with blonde, gold and orange on one head, or scalp burns :)
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• go to a salon. Been there done that and back . It does not look good and your hair will feel like straw....
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I do not see this coming out good, I would go to a professional
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my daughter is a hair dresser with platinum hair,her hair is orginally dark.she had to do it gradually she couldnt do it all at once.ya she does get it done for free.but she still had to do it gradually.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It's really difficult. A professional is recommended but if you really want to do it at home look for the Max blonde or Loreals Hair color remover. The stuff itself looks like a bright blue paste with sand in it.....you put this on your hair and test a section every 10 or 15 minutes. You'll notice stages and usualy you end up with a weird neon orange or banana yellow color. Once you've done that you get a blonde hair dye and put the dye on after the remover! When choosing a blonde color just be sure that it's not one that says to NOT use a pre-lightener before using this color.

I've done this several times over the years, yes it may feel like straw, but really whether a professional does it or you do it you are putting harsh chemicals on your hair. Once done use a good color treated shampoo and conditional and treatments to keep it soft and to help it feel healthy again!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• only if you like orange hair!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• First, you need to try to dye it a very light brown, or either buy some hair color remover which will make it a bright yellow or orange looking color. Try to get it as light brown as possible, even if you have to dye it a couple times. I use Frost and tip, or either frost and glow. They are high lighting kits you can buy at Wal-Mart, K-Mart etc.
    I take them and rub it all over my hair and it works better than any blonde dye I've used. Just make sure to not leave it in too long!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009