HELP what happens if i mix Alcohol and Antidepressants

Ok Please don't bash me and my hubby are going to a small party tomorrow and it will be my first real party there will be lots of alcohol and i do wanna drink a little i'm not really a drinker i didn't even drink on new years but i do wanna have a little but i'm on seroquel 50mg and lexapro 20mg once a day i know your not really suppose to drink while on antidepressants i just wanna know what would happen if i did i only wanna drink maybe 2 of the little Smirnoff ice bottles would that really hurt me i just wanna know what you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• you wind up like my DH----not good! Don't chance it, please! It is never a good idea. If you really were to miscalculate your consumption after a while you can pass out, quit breathing and your heart might stop. The side effects are worse than just being drunk. I wish people wouldn't even think it was ok, even if it is 'just a few drinks'. Please be wise and make the right choice for you and everyone else around you :)
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• lol doo deee dooo deleting my last answer :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i said you'd be fine but PP knows best! im so sorry mikko
    aliciatron

• 2 will not hurt you, space them out and do not take the seroquel for the night. What CAN POSSIBLY happen is it will depress your breathing. It depends your size too. If you weight 120 lbs and have 2 drinks, youll be groggier but fine. I used to take both the meds you described, but the seroquel was higher and I drank with them alot(in recovery now lol). not saying do it, but from experience, you will nto die from the conmbo in such a small amount.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Call the pharmacy in the morning and ask.
    actress

Answer by actress at 12:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you may not have to worry about it if you do it knowing you are not supposed to mix them. Is it worth the risk?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If I were you. Call the doctor that prescribed them to you. And explain that you will be going to a party, alcohol will be served. And they will tell you what you can and can not drink. Usually light drinks will not harm you, but hard liquor acts differently in your blood stream. And believe me doctors rather you ask them than get into problem. They have heard it before. Better safe than sorry.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When I was on them, alcohol affected me very differently. It hit me harder, and it was a weird kind of drunk - not pleasant for me or anyone who was around me. Honestly, I would avoid it altogether in a party scenario. Since you haven't done it, you don't know how it will effect you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• From experience...I would say have only 1 drink, but no hard liquer. It made my mood drop very low, and I felt suicidal the next day. I made a complete ass of myself...but that can kind of go along with drinking! I had 7 Smirnoff bottles (the pre mixed ones) so my consumption was much more than you are planning on having. Still I would say call your doc and see what he/she says, ALWAYS better safe than sorry : ) Take care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009