How can I get my 5 yr. old to listen better...He's having serious troubles at school???

He's getting very aggressive to the teachers at his school... I'm really worried...One of the teachers is 6 months pregnant and I'm afraid he might hurt her or her baby.....He has been hitting themmmI'm not sure what is going on with him....I'm really confused on what I should do...I've tried disipline!..doesn't seem to help....Any suggestions Mom's????

ncepley86

Asked by ncepley86 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would start rewarding him for good behavior! Have his teacher send you an email or letter home everyday stating how his behavior was! If he's good all week then reward him, like a trip to McDonalds or he gets to invite a friend over!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My youngest was full of rage/aggression at that age- until he was 7. Here is what worked for us-
    Eliminate ALL artificial Colors and Flavors. this may take up to a month to work. depending on how full his body is of these things. but it is worth the effort.

Make sure he gets good sleep, drinks plenty of water (the brain is 85-90% water and needs that to function properly), have him do physical exercize before school- like marching or moving heavy things like books. If he gets aggressive at home, have him to push ups (against the wall at that age).

tell him your rules (no hitting, esp ladies and people of authority). Talk with him about rewards and consequences.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009