Did the OB make your cervix more 'favorable' for induction and you wound up delivering by C-section?

I was induced for no medical reason whatsoever, doc told me to go in to have an induction. The night before the induction and birth, he put a balloon type thing up there and inflated it to make my cervix 'more favorable for induction'..and I delivered vaginally. Was just curious to know if this always happens prior to being induced and, if not, could it help the mom NOT have a C-section?

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 12:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just ran and looked it was a foley cathiter your doctor used, the ballon thing. apparently its not something they do that often though.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I was induced with first son and they did not use a balloon thing. They used a creme that can soften the cervix...I would look into that if I were you. I have never heard of that ever.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Monday August 25th my doctor "stretched" my cervix. Tuesday August 26th @ 11:30pm went into labor. Wednesday August 27th @ 2:55am I had my daughter naturally. Never heard of the balloon thingy. But it's possible to go into labor the next day =} and not have a c-section.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I never heard of being induced that way. I was induced with my daugter and they used cervadil (medicine put into the vagina to cervix) and pitocin. They shouldn't induce without a medical reason anyways.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009