Can anyone give me a good homemade solution for killing ticks on a large scale? We have them every year and this year will be no different, they have arrived early!

secondrose

Asked by secondrose at 12:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Killing them outside? I've never heard of any ways to do it. Just ways of preventing them from latching on and being carried inside. There might be sprays you could use on trees and grass, but I would be careful if you have kids or pets & you'd probably have to reapply them if it rains.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Read how to make your own tick tubes at: http://www.gardensalive.com/article.asp?ai=462

They're cardboard tubes filled with cotton soaked with pyrethrin. When mice collect the cotton to make their nests, the permethrin kills the ticks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• **be careful with pyrethrin, it's a known cancer causing agent. You want to wear gloves and use it in outdoors (open area with ventilation)
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2009