red and puffy around the eye with green stuff someing out...

my DD is 3 weeks
and her eyes has been swelling up for the past 2 days
then it is really shinny where it is swollen
i asked my dad he says its fine
but its my first baby and i worrie all the time
i got a doc appt for the 24th
but there is also a little bit of green stuff coming out off it
she has been really fussy since it first started to swell
but no temp or anything
this ever happen to anyone elses kid
if so wut was it
and do u think im worring to much about it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• SEE YOUR DOC.

It sounds like conjunctivitis, which is highly contagious.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sounds like Pink eye.

The doc should give you some drops if it is.

No fever is a good sign...
    Try a cool washcloth to maybe sooth it until you get to the doc?
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• youre probably going to get a million different answers on here lol. Definitely call the doctor. To me it sounds like a clogged tear duct. thats what my daughter had and that is no big deal at all. If that is what it is the doctor can show you how to take care of it. I would call and see if they think you need to come in before the 24th. Until then place cool compresses on it and keep the eye clear of the gunk. good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• see the doc. could be pink eye, clogged tear duct, etc. sometimes pink eye is caused by an ear infection (I never knew dd had an ear infection until something else got her to the doc such as pink eye.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• sounds like an eye infection of some sort. i would take him to the doctor. it can't hurt. i called the doctor because my LO was getting really bad sleepy stuff in her eyes to were her eyes were getting stuck shut. come to found out she had a little eye infection that i had to put medicine on her eye lid. lol. i hated doing that. i went back to the doctor to have them show me how to do it. i realize now that i was pretty lucky she wasnt bigger becasue she would have fought me so bad about putting it on. lol

good luck.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Could be pink eye or a clogged duct. I'd suggest calling the doctor again and describing what you are seeing and asking if you could get in sooner than Tuesday, not that it is necessary, but I agree with you that with a newborn I worried all the time. My younger son would get pollen and other allergens in his eyes. We were told to mix a tiny bit of salt in water and use a cotton ball dipped in the water to brush over his closed eye to wash it out. We were also told to never have him ride in the car with the windows down, which would blow more particles into his eyes. Since it is the first time for your little one, you need a diagnosis and directions for how to care for this.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• ella has a clogged tear duct since day 1, and that is how she started, we thought it was pink eye as well so that is why at 5 days old she went back to the doctor after her 3 day check up, anywho she is 9 mo now still has one and we are waiting until she turns one to see if it will go away on her own.
    it does also sound like it could be pink eye i would take her to the doc to make sure so you get the right diagonisis and treatment for your lil girl.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009