Ovulation

So some people have light flows and some have like bleeding to death ones... I would be the bleeding to death one but since i was like 11 i would be irregular... age 17 rolls around turns out i have pcos... and wasn't suppose to get pregnant.. now i'm 18 with a 2 and a half month old... lol but its a good thing cuz i'm married and she was planned... but i know i want more kids.. in the future cuz right now i have a iud.. but i just got my first period since the birth and again its like i'm going to bleed to death.. but i wanted to know if anyone knew why some people bleed to death and some are just like a paper cut... like am i making more eggs then those people and thats why there is more blood or what?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Very good question!! When we menstruate that means we are shedding the thickened part of the uterine wall along with the unfertilized eggs. Point being, if we are shedding the unfertilized eggs along with the lining of the uterine wall, then what would cause some women to bleed more then others? Although, women who usually have heavy bleeding are more succeptable to anemia so you should watch for that. I think I will have to google this one :0)
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• thats a hard one i really dont no... but i would tell you that i used to have heavy bleeds and i found that the more water i drank and the more exersize i did, the less i seemed to have... i dont no what it was doing but it helped!!!
    good luck new mummy :)
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 4:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It doesn't have anything to do with eggs, it's the uterine lining sloughing off. I don't know why some people bleed more heavily than others. But I used to be one of the heavy bleeders, then it lightened up while I was on the pill, and it's stayed that way ever since I got off the pill. So it can change, but don't know why. Maybe having the IUD will help you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2009