What would you do?

I'm 21, and my son and I live with my parents. Today my mother hit me and cursed at me all in front of my son, who is now learning to yell at me and etc. I am moving out, asap. I tried to talk to her to tell her she can't do these things to me, but she was ignoring me and walking away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• do what u r doing moving out]

why did she do that though? u left that part out...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Wow.

Well now, mom or not...she shouldn't be doing that in front of your wee one.

Corner her next time, alone....and TELL her so.

Don't let her walk away...she is your mother, but she needs to have self-control as well.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Just let it go and move out. She'll always be your mom, faults and all. It's a lot of stress on both you and your mom to have a grown child and a grandchild living in the home. I'd just move out, living on your own will resolve the situation.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• She did that because when she started yelling at me at first, I told her to BE QUIET (not shut up, because I wouldn't disrespect her like that), and to leave me alone so I can cool down from being upset wit her for teaching my son to say "A-hole" (he's 2) when i've asked her repeatedly to quit cussing in front of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'd move out, too. and not let my son around her until she can act better
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My opinion is to do exactly as you are and move out. Mother or not, you are an adult and she should in no way disrespect you. You are now a mother as well, if she has the "balls" to treat you that way, I would treat her the same way back, and then ask her how she likes it. Because I'm sure she wont love it. Good job though on not retaliating in front of your son. I'm not sure I wouldv'e been able to hold my composure. Your mom is lucky I'm not her daughter =] good luck with it all.
    p.s. i didn't mean to disrespect you in any way. This is ONLY my opinion. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would move out and not let her have any unsupervised contact with my child. If she'll hit a full-grown person she'll probably have no problem belting a kid, and if your child is picking up this behavior too it needs to stop. When she asks why she can't have more time with him or more contact with him, tell her that until she can stop the potty-mouth and the hitting, she gets what she gets and that's it.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You need to get out of there.. Think of what this is doing to him... I know its hard out there.. But just think how great it will be when hez not doing these things to anyone later..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009