Cancer would you want to know

My cousin who is like my sister we were raised together and are very close just told me she has stage 3 cervical cancer! They found it when she was pregnant in mid 2007 it was just pre-cancerous then and they had a whole plan on how they were going to deal with it once the baby was born. Well their plan failed and now it is stage 3 which scares the bejesus out of me. We all live far apart I live on the west coast and she lives in Oklahoma and her brother lives in canada with his g/f . Now she just told me but is still not telling her brother she doesn't want to burden him with it but I was totally upset that I found out this late the thing is I think he should know ( I know it's not me) but he's like my brother too and I think it's b.s he makes ppl feel like their burdening him especially with something like this. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• I think you need to respect her decision, even though you may not agree with it. It really isn't your place to tell someone what is going on, but I understand how difficult it might be. Its a shame that her brother behaves that way, and I am sorry that you have the burden of knowing that he doesn't know yet. I hope that your cousin responds well to which ever type of treatment they think is best, and that things turn out great.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think you need to let her handle her brother and her illess in a way that works for her. Stay out of it. It's not your place, and you may do more harm than good if you try to intervene. He may be "like a brother" to you, but he is her ACTUAL brother. Respect that relationship and back off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009